Aims and Scope: Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques have been attracted increasing attention around the world and are now being widely used to solve a whole range of hitherto intractable problems. This journal welcomes foundational and applied papers describing mature work involving AI methods.
Focal points of the journal include, but are not limited to innovative applications of:
- Artificial Intelligence and Philosophy
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Aspects of reasoning: abductive, case-based, model-based, non-monotonic, incomplete, progressive and approximate reasoning.
- Knowledge processing, knowledge elicitation and acquisition, knowledge representation, knowledge compaction, knowledge bases, expert systems.
- Neural networks, fuzzy systems, neuro-fuzzy systems
- Deep learning and real world applications
- Perception, e.g. image processing, pattern recognition, vision systems, tactile systems, speech recognition and synthesis.
- Heuristic search
- Intelligent fault detection, fault analysis, diagnostics and monitoring
- Self-organizing, emerging or bio-inspired system
- Big data analytics, Understanding complex networks, Internet-of-things and cyber-physical systems, Intelligent transportation systems and smart vehicles
- Cognitive aspects of AI
The journal reports results achieved; proposals for new ways of looking at AIproblems must include demonstrations of effectiveness. Papers describing systems or architectures integrating multiple technologies are welcomed. Journal on Artificial Intelligence（JAI） also invites papers on applications, which should describe a principled solution, emphasize its novelty, and present an in-depth evaluation of the AI techniques being exploited.